Sunday, September 17, 2006

Late Night Ramblings

I realized that I hadn't posted anything in so long that it was getting embarrassing. I have been replacing a lot of the writing with photography lately, mostly because it seems easier at times to frame a moment than to craft one, although it's a dangerous trick to begin thinking like that I think. Photographs are seductive and much more difficult for me to be objective about. Still, typing ideas out for all to read somehow is more threatening, and makes me feel all the more vulnerable, so I find other things to fill my time in order to avoid placing my thoughts here.

I wish I could say that it was getting easier for me to extend myself here, but from the beginning it has been a difficult exericise for me to reach out across the abyss. I have been greated with great respect and affection for my efforts and that has made it easier. Still, my fear of expression exists and is strong. Thus, there are great gaps between my entries. I have a lot of admiration for those of you who can do this on a regular basis.

In an attempt to stay on the path, I keep at it. Sorry it's been so long. Hopefully next time, I'll actually have something more than a few ramblings.

1 Comments:

Blogger redmemory said...

I am redmemory! nice to meet you.

27/4/11 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home