Friday, July 07, 2006

A Job!

Just when I decided to bitch about it, an interview turned into a job. Now I am assuming I will bitch about the job. Isn't that how things are supposed to work?

I begin this foray into employment again on Monday and I am excited mostly about beginning something where I know little and can actually get paid to learn something. I can also use the cash to actually go and have some fun that I might actually remember and enjoy, since I am now sober 27 days. Going to the range is definitely on that list. So is saving for a nice camera. It is pretty amazing what a job can do when you actually have one and you're not spending all of that money in a bar or in other such places.

It is possible that the wish list is a little premature but I am giving myself a little leeway right now. It has been a while since I have allowed such a regular life hope to creep into my head-down-keep-going-something-will-break attitude toward this whole life pursuit of normalcy that I think it's ok to want a little range time or a new camera or a little shopping time. Christ, I don't even know what normal is, but that sounds pretty normal to me. Maybe that's just one more thing I can learn at the new job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Congratulations on the job! It's been a couple of weeks now, how's it going?

20/7/06 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home