Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday

He's putting up shelves in the other room. I can hardly believe it. He even got up at 9am to be at Home Depot when they opened. I have waited a long time for this. I know that sounds ridiculous, but in our house there is a lot of stuff. Its verging on crazy in the office so he bought me an ibook yesterday to get me out of there and on the wireless. I am very grateful. He thinks it will help me move forward.

"I want to start in the corner with these shelves," he says, "but I need to move my stuff out of the corner first." There is barely enough room to turn around in there so I imagine it will spill out into the hallway. I don't care. He will finish the project. The idea of space is exciting to him too and I wonder why it has taken so long to get here. Maybe he just needed to get me out of there in order to take it over, get things done. I am going through similar feelings toward our "guest" room and the rest of our house. Spring comes early in Vegas and the cleaning has begun.

He takes a break in front of me and talks about the shelves and the space and moving things around to get it all done. He has that project look in his eyes that guys get, only his look is amplified as if he's been saving his up or something. He reaches for a tape measure and claims "I'm going to try to be smart about this." His eyes are twinkling. A good Saturday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

"That project look."

I laughed out loud at that. It's interesting to see pictures where you've got the look. If his is anything like most of the ones I know it might be characterized as intense frustration coupled with curiousity and relentless determination.

How many adjectives did I just use?

18/2/06 11:17 PM  
Blogger redmemory1 said...

Glad you laughed! I was laughing too at that determination. He's still at it today.

19/2/06 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home