Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks to a Stranger

Sometimes when I post I don't think anyone will ever read it. In fact, part of the reason it is easier to write about the things that I do is because of this feeling. There is a flip side to this. If no one ever reads the blog then what is the point?

So, today, after stuffing myself with the rest of America and watching some football and "The Family Guy" I returned home tired and weary and checked my email. There it was. Someone had commented on my blog. Not only that, he was really great about it and created his own post about it on his blog.

Now, for all of my "peace-loving" friends, this person found me through the gun ring, of which I am now a member. So I will come out and say it in honor of all of those people who will find my blog this way:

I support the Second Amendment.

I have to say, it feels pretty good to be read and he said some really nice things. Check it out:

Read this blog

4 Comments:

Blogger fatman said...

I came over from Blognomicon. It won't do much good (I get no traffic to speak of), but I will blogroll you and try (health permitting) to do a post about your blog.

Helpful hint: either go to word verification (for Blogger's comment system) or switch to Haloscan for comments. Either one should stop the comment spam. Haloscan's basic account is free and it has an auto-installer, though I'm not certain they have all the bugs worked out yet.

24/11/05 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too found you through Blogonomicon and I'm seconding (or is it thirding or fourthing?)their respective opinions. Good, compelling writing and a sincere hope that you keep it up. While I can't help you with traffic (I'm usually a lurker) I have placed you on my favorites list.

Brass

25/11/05 3:10 PM  
Blogger Steaming Dragon said...

Blognomicon found you.
He posted, and Kevin found the post about you.
Kevin posted, and I read that. Now I will write a post on my blogs, and hope others with more traffic than I get will do the same.
With your permission, I would mention your blog on one of ths many shooting forums, The Nation of Riflemen.
Without your permission, I won't.

27/11/05 5:42 PM  
Blogger Zendo Deb said...

Welcome to the good fight! If you check my blog you will find a few organizations way down in the sidebar. Some are slowly going away, others are trying to make it.

Second Amendment Sisters

Liberty Belles

are 2 that I like.

Anyway when people call you a moster, for defending your right of self-defense (and they will if your experience is anything like mine), you can always come and visit all the gun blogs and know that we don't think you're a monster.

27/11/05 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home